2017 Local General Auditions:
Monday, February 27th
Fine Arts Center, 102 Pine Knoll Drive
Greenville, SC 29609
6:00pm-11:00pm. Open call, accompanist provided
WHAT TO PREPARE
Musical Theatre Singers: two 32 bar selections, one legit/Golden Age, one contemporary/rock selection
Opera Singers: two to three contrasting arias (at least one must be in English)
You may be asked to stay and read sides or attend a brief dance call later in the evening
• The Crucible and The Gondoliers will rehearse both daytime and evening.
• HAIR will rehearse evenings and weekends.
• Auditioning classical and musical theatre singers for all roles, ensemble, and classical singers for the Glow Young Artist Program (GAAP)
• Glow operates on a professional tiered weekly contract.
• Patron housing is provided for out-of-town artists.
• Rehearsals begin June 14th.
• There are volunteer positions available in the ensemble of The Crucible and The Gondoliers.
• Click here for a role breakdown of each show
• Click here for our audition FAQ
Please send any inquiries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Regional Auditions:
February 25th at Furman University Dept. of Theatre (closed auditions for Furman students only)
February 26th at Florida State University School of Theatre, Tallahassee, FL (closed to FSU students only)
February 28th at Converse College School of Music, Spartanburg, SC (closed auditions for Converse students only)
March 2-5 at the Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC), Lexington, KY (must be registered for the SETC convention & auditions)
March 20th at the University of South Carolina School of Music, Columbia, SC. Crucible/Gondoliers only. (closed auditions for USC students only)
***If you are unable to audition in person, we will accept video submissions on an as-needed basis.
Musical Theatre video submissions: Monologue, dance/movement, two contrasting 32 bar song examples
Opera video submissions: Two arias, one in English. Monologue (Gilbert & Sullivan or other comic)
Please send resume, head shot and video links to email@example.com
If you are interested in design and/or technical positions with Glow, please see the information on the jobs page, here.